As your Lake Martin real estate agents, we continually keep you updated on local events and activities to enjoy at or near Lake Martin! While this spring does not feature the usual plethora of local activity, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are still a few events coming up, and plenty of activities to enjoy. To help you plan, here is some information:
1. Enjoy Lake Martin this spring while practicing safe social distancing. Lake Martin is open to boating, fishing, etc. Head out on the lake to enjoy a boat ride or a fishing trip with family. Keep your distance from others on the lake. If you live on Lake Martin, you have the bonus of having lake views to enjoy daily from the comfort of your backyard!
2. The Tallapoosa County Master Gardener Native Azalea Sale is taking place now, through Friday, May 15. Place your order by calling Tallapoosa County Master Gardeners at 256-825-1050 ahead of time, and then schedule a pickup time. Cash or check only, pickups in Dadeville on May 15. Fill your gardens with a variety of beautiful native azaleas this spring!
3. This weekend, the May Boat Show at Harbor Pointe is still on, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Harbor Pointe Marina in Dadeville. You can view 2019 and 2020 pontoon boats for sale safely, outside, with proper social distancing procedures being followed. Enjoy exclusive discounts on boats for this summer, and free hot dogs.
4. As of now, the Patriots 5K Run is still on at Wind Creek State Park on May 23. You can sign up anytime before the race. Race starts and ends in the Marina parking lot. Each participant receives a T-shirt at registration. As with all events right now, stay informed with the latest updates from the event organizers. There are plenty of virtual races you can register for as well.
5. Enjoy hiking or biking around Lake Martin! There are plenty of trails to choose from — Big Way Trail, Deadening Alpine Trail, John B. Scott Forever Wild Trail, Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail, Kowaliga Loop Trail, Wind Way Hills and so many more. Check out this list of hiking trails near Lake Martin. Russell Lands has its own trail app to help association members navigate more than 100 miles of trails there.
6. Naturalist Presentations have been canceled at Russell Lands for the time being, but on the Naturalist Marianne Facebook page, you can find daily photos, videos or tidbits that parents and kids can check out as a way to look at the natural world in new and exciting ways. Some have “extended activity” options, with activities for you to enjoy in nature.
Continue to stay safe and healthy at Lake Martin this spring! When ready to achieve your goals in the Lake Martin real estate market, as a buyer, seller or both, give us a call, the Haynie Team! We are here to answer any questions you may have, to fill you in on local market conditions, and to guide you through the entire process. We look forward to hearing from you!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty