Fourth of July weekend is almost here! Can you believe we’re already in the heart of summer?! We are so excited that the annual fireworks show and boat parade are still on! As your Lake Martin real estate team, we’ve put together a 4th of July guide for you, so you can plan your best summer weekend yet.
1. The July 4th Boat Parade will take place from 10 to 11 a.m. Boats head out from Kowaliga Marina and cruise to Children’s Harbor while all decked out with flags and patriotic themes. Awards are given for best decorated boats in different categories, including Tallest Flag, Largest Flag, Most Creative Theme and Most Patriotic Crew. You can register to participate, or you can admire the parade from shore!
2. The Fourth of July Fireworks and Concert at the AMP are still on, but tickets are limited because of social distancing. Get yours while you can. Gates open at 5 p.m., The Bank Walkers will perform at 7 p.m., The Vegabonds will perform at 8 and 9:30 p.m., Jessie Lynn will sing the National Anthem at 9 p.m., and fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.! If you can’t get tickets, there are plenty of other places to sit outside and admire the fireworks. Just look up!
3. Arti Gras will take place at Russell Crossroads on July 3 and July 4 on the Town Green, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Artisans will feature everything from jewelry, soaps and paintings, to pottery, lotions, furniture and more. Booth layouts will be altered this year to adhere to social distancing.
4. The Alexander City Farmer’s Market takes place every Saturday, and July 4 is no different! Head to Broad Street between 7 and 11 a.m. to stock up on delicious local produce and goods for your Independence Day BBQ or picnic. Social distancing practices are in place at the market.
5. The Santucket Flea Market reopens on July 4 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Shop some great deals on merchandise and crafts, and enjoy the plethora of food and snacks available as well, to enjoy while you’re there or to bring home for dinner.
Lake Martin will be hopping with boaters of all kinds this weekend, celebrating the holiday! Expect it to be busier than usual, so plan ahead and remember boat safety rules: Check boat safety equipment before departing, don’t boat under the influence of alcohol/drugs, have personal flotation devices on board, know the rules of the water, be aware of boaters around you, stay close to the boat if you cool off in the water, etc. Also, it’ll be a hot weekend, so bring sunscreen and plenty of water!
We hope you enjoy your 4th of July weekend at Lake Martin, whether it’s on a boat, watching fireworks, or barbecuing in your backyard! As always, when ready to accomplish your Lake Martin real estate goals, the Haynie Team is here to help! Give us a call when ready!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty