Spring is only a month away! In the meantime, let’s talk about upcoming events at Lake Martin to help you get through the rest of winter, as we patiently wait for boating season to return. As your Lake Martin real estate team, we’re here to help you with all of your Lake Martin real estate market goals, as a buyer, seller or both, and we’re here to keep you updated on local news and events! Here’s our latest list of upcoming events in the area:
1. The AWW Bass Anglers Classic Fishing Tournament is taking place at Lake Martin this Saturday, Feb. 22 at Wind Creek State Park. All proceeds from this event will go toward payouts to tournament winners, and to the AWWA for providing water monitoring kits and educational outreach throughout Alabama. Also, mark your calendar for the Fishing League Worldwide Tournament March 19-22.
2. This Saturday is the 3rd Annual Leslie Patterson Gaston Memorial Chili Cook-Off, held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Ocie & Belle’s. The event will benefit the AFE Foundation. Cost is $100 per team that would like to register a chili. If you’d just like to attend and taste the chili recipes, admission is $5 and includes all tastings and live music. Prizes will be awarded!
3. If you or someone you know are getting married in the near future, attend the Lake Martin Wedding Expo on Sunday, Feb. 23. This takes place from 1 to 4 p.m. at The Mitchell House. Meet and talk with vendors who can help make your dream wedding a reality at Lake Martin. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Lake Martin Area United Way.
4. SpringHouse is hosting a Winderlea Wine Dinner on Wednesday, Feb. 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. Executive Chef Chris Morina and Wine Director Jacob Hoop are creating a four-course prix fixe menu, with each course specifically paired with a Winderlea wine. Hors d’oeuvres included as well. Cost is $110 per person.
5. The annual Russell Forest Run is coming up on Saturday, Feb. 29! Celebrate Leap Year with other running and walking enthusiasts in the community as you race on a new route this year. The course will take runners under highway 63 and will feature better views from Heaven Hill! Entry fee is $40 and includes a long sleeve t-shirt, a 5K or 10K race, and an after-party at The Stables with live entertainment, beer and the Famous Grits Bar, along with the awards ceremony. Proceeds benefit the Alexander City Schools Education Foundation.
These events will take you through the rest of February, and then look to our blog and Facebook page for more events in the coming months! As always, when ready to achieve your Lake Martin real estate goals, as a buyer, seller or both, give us a call! We’re the Haynie Team, here and ready to answer your questions and guide you through the entire process. The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be settled into your new space in time for boating season!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty