How are you enjoying your first month of summer at Lake Martin? As things begin to reopen and life becomes a little more normal, as always, the Haynie Team is here to help make your Lake Martin real estate goals a reality this summer! It’s the perfect time to act. Give us a call with questions or for guidance on your home-selling and/or home-buying needs.
In the meantime, here is a list of activities to enjoy in the coming weeks at or around Lake Martin:
1. Tonight, Thursday, head to downtown Dadeville for an evening of music and art from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Zazu’s Verandah has partnered with Raining Dogs Gallery to bring you this event! There will be beer and wine available inside Zazu’s.
2. Friday on the Green is back at Russell Crossroads. This takes place every summer Friday evening from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Look for the circles, which help make social distancing easy. This Friday is Russell Craig, June 19 is Jonathan Bloom, June 26 is Sid Phelps and so on into July.
3. The Alexander City Farmer’s Market is back! Every Saturday, from 7 to 11 a.m., head to Broad Street for fresh local produce. Support our local farmers! Precautions are in place to keep the event safe. Tents are 10 feet apart, there is one entrance in and out, free bags, hand washing stations, etc.
4. Yoga on the Green is also back for summer and takes place every Saturday morning from 7 to 8 a.m. Head to the Town Green at Russell Crossroads for a free class with a certified instructor. All levels are welcome! Bring a mat and water bottle.
5. This Saturday, June 13, is Free Fishing Day in Alabama! You can fish for free in most freshwater and saltwater sources in Alabama. This is part of National Fishing and Boating Week, and encourages people without a fishing license to get out and test the waters!
6. Meeting of the Muscle Cars will take place on Saturday, June 20, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Alexander City. This is in conjunction with the grand reopening of the Wellborn Musclecar Museum, just in time for Father’s Day, and all makes/models are welcome.
7. Russell Marine has canceled all group wakeboard and wakesurf clinics through June, but they are offering private, family-only clinics by appointment. Give them a call if interested!
8. Naturalist Marianne has been posting daily videos on her Facebook page about local Lake Martin wildlife and nature. Watch videos on spiders, wild turkey, beetles, snakes, deer, lightning bugs and more. Watch as a family, you’re all sure to learn something new!
As always, continue to enjoy Lake Martin all summer long! Boating or fishing out on the lake is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. If you live on Lake Martin, eat meals outside, have s’mores around a fire pit, or even spend an entire night outside during a backyard campout, all while enjoying the serene beauty of Lake Martin.
Have you always dreamed of living on Lake Martin? Let us help you find your dream lake home this summer! As your Lake Martin real estate team, we are here to make all of your Lake Martin real estate goals a reality. Give us a call, we’re ready to help!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty