It feels like fall now that the kids are back in school and Labor Day weekend has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean that your favorite summertime activities have ended! Most are still going for at least a few more weeks. As your Lake Martin real estate team, we’re here to fill you in on fun events and activities coming up on the local calendar. Enjoy!
1. Friday on the Green is still running for a couple more Fridays. Head to Town Green at Russell Crossroads for live music and lawn games. Bring chairs or a blanket, and pack a picnic. This runs 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. This Friday, Sept. 6 is Sid Phelps, and Sept. 13, the last concert, is Shadowood.
2. Yoga on the Green also takes place on the Town Green at Russell Crossroads, and this runs through September. Head there every Saturday morning from 7 to 8 a.m. Bring a mat and some water. It’s free to attend for any level of fitness!
3. This Sunday, Sept. 8 is the last Music on the Deck at Kowaliga! Head there between 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. for live music from Clay Barker. Clay is an Auburn alum who is making his way across the southeast with his hit single “Find Another You” and many others. Grab some food and enjoy the tunes!
4. Head to the Naturalist Cabin for continued Nature Presentations for kids and adults this fall. The next session will be about the different classes of birds, mammals, reptiles, etc. in Russell Forest. Their differences and similarities help us to categorize and classify all living things. This is free to attend Sept. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. or Sept. 14 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5. Dadeville’s Fall Festival will be held Oct. 5 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is fun for the whole family, including the Ducky and Pops Soap Box Derby, live music, food vendors, inflatables for kids, arts and crafts, train rides and more.
6. As we mentioned, the 3rd Annual Ducky and Pops Ward Soap Box Derby will take place Oct. 5 as part of Dadeville’s Fall Fest. You can pick up applications for the Derby at Southside Collision, Platinum Collision and the Dadeville Chamber of Commerce. Applications are due by Sept. 23. Start building and get creative!
7. The Alexander City Farmers Market continues to run every Saturday morning from 7 to 11 a.m. through October. As the seasons transition, so does the local produce, so stop by to see what the latest offerings are! From fruits and vegetables, to baked goods, there is something for everyone.
8. Lake Martin is still hopping! There is still time to head to the lake for some boating, water sports, fishing, swimming, kayaking and so on. The summer crowds die down, so it’s a great time of year to enjoy the lake and to explore the surrounding area.
Do you have Lake Martin real estate goals you’d like to achieve this fall? Now is the perfect time to doing that as well! Whether looking to buy, sell or both, contact us, the Haynie Team! We are here to help!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty