How are you enjoying the fall season so far? As your Lake Martin real estate agents, we are here to fill you in on upcoming events and activities in the area, to keep life interesting and fun. Get out and check out one or a few of these events, including a plethora of Halloween options!
1. The 28th Annual Cotton Festival will take place this Saturday, Oct. 17, in Eclectic. From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., head to Main Street for an abundance of fun options. If you like cars, enjoy an antique/classic car show, antique tractor display and a military vehicle display. There will be chicken races, a dog show contest, art and photo contests, a free carnival-themed kids zone, more than 140 vendors and more!
2. The Alabama Bass Trail Tournament Championship will take place at Lake Martin Oct. 23-24. The 10 divisional tournament winning teams will automatically qualify, along with high school teams, college teams, couple teams and more. There will be many fishing boats out on the water that weekend!
3. Head to the Fall Family Festival at Russell Crossroads on Halloween this year, Oct. 31! From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., watch a working blacksmith and a grist mill, pick out the perfect pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, enjoy wagon and pony rides, participate in a scavenger hunt, pet animals at the petting zoo, savor festival food items, take place in the pie and cake baking contest and lots more.
4. What better way to spend Halloween than on a Halloween Night Hike? Sign up for the Russell Crossroads event taking place Oct. 31 from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. at Wilson Road Trailhead. Cost is $10, advanced registration is required. You will hear ghost stories and discussions on cryptozoology while you hike. Costumes are optional! Flashlights will be provided.
5. Alexander City has lots of Halloween activities taking place! The Great Pumpkin Patch at Strand Park will be open Oct. 19-31 for you to pick out pumpkins in all sizes, colors and prices. A Harvest Market will take place Oct. 29 from 4-7 p.m. in Strand Park, in conjunction with the pumpkin patch. On Oct. 31, there will be a Downtown Trick or Treat from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the kids! Then in the evening, starting at 7 p.m., head to the Monster Mash Street Bash on Main Street, with a DJ, dancing, cash bar, costume contest and mechanical bull. Find more info for all of this on their Facebook page!
6. Union Volunteer Fire & Rescue will host a Trunk or Treat event on Oct. 31 from 5 to 7 p.m. in Dadeville! Enjoy outdoor games, fire trucks, and of course, trunk or treating. Kids can walk to the trunks of cars and get their candy. Enter to win a door prize and enjoy free hot dogs, chips and drinks while they last. A prize will be awarded for the best decorated trunk! Volunteers are still needed.
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty