The second half of October is loaded with fall festivals and activities around the Lake Martin area! As your Lake Martin real estate team, we’re here to fill you in on what’s coming up, so you make the most of your fall season. From Halloween events, to fall family fun, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
1. This Saturday, Oct. 20, is Fall for Downtown in Strand Park! This fall festival includes everything there is to love about fall, such as the famous pumpkin roll race in the park. There will also be games for kids, a pumpkin painting contest, horse carriage rides, inflatables, face painting and more, and sidewalk walks begin at 8 a.m. For $5, you can enjoy A-Peeling Apple Tastings!
2. Also on Saturday, head to Loachapoka for Pioneer Day! Travel back in time with weaving and cloth-making demos, mules grinding cane, syrup being made, bread making, soap making and more, along with a full day of musical entertainment, Native American dancing, pottery, outdoor cooking, unique crafts and more. The famous sweet potato biscuits made on-site are worth the trip alone!
3. At 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, start your day bright and early with the Wind Creek State Park Halloween 5K! Report to the park office at 7:30 a.m. to sign in and pick up your T-shirt. Meet in the marina parking lot to begin the race. You’ll run among the trees, shoreline, campgrounds and picnic areas of Lake Martin! Registration is $25.
4. The Fall Festival at Russell Crossroads takes place Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enjoy old-fashioned fun with your family and friends by watching a working blacksmith, witnessing corn being ground into cornmeal, horseback riding, lawn games, face painting, pumpkin carving, corn dogs, funnel cakes, pie and cake baking contests, canning contests and more. Get there early so you can enjoy all the activities!
5. On Oct. 30, head to the AMP for a free Halloween concert! Wear your Halloween costumes and enjoy the 3rd Annual BRHS Halloween Band Concert. Ghosts, goblins and ghouls will take the stage to entertain from 6 to 8:30 p.m. It’s free for the whole family!
Get the kids dressed up for Halloween events in the area, and trick-or-treating on Oct. 31! This is a fun time of year at Lake Martin, as the leaves change into beautiful fall colors, the fall holiday events take place around town, college football continues, and the Lake Martin real estate market awaits you.
If you’d like to buy, sell or both this fall at Lake Martin, we’re ready to help! Contact us, The Haynie Team, with questions or for help with the home-buying and/or home-selling process! We’re here for you!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty