If you’re looking to fill the second half of December with holiday happenings at and around Lake Martin, you’ve come to the right place! As your Lake Martin real estate team, we’re here to fill you in on holiday events taking place in the area. This year is different than others, but there is still lots of ways to feel festive. Plan accordingly, stay safe, and do what you feel comfortable with!
1. While not necessarily a holiday activity, you can catch some live music this week to help you unwind from holiday stress. John Conlee will be performing at the Rodeo Club this Friday, Dec. 11, starting at 9 p.m. Russell Craig will open the show at 8 p.m. Also this Saturday is this month’s Second Friday Open Mic Jam Session at Equality Performing Arts Center, which take place from 6 to 8 p.m.
2. Main Street Alexander City has partnered with Alexander City Parks and Recreation to host A Downtown Christmas this Saturday, Dec. 12. There are tons of activities for everyone in the family. A Holiday Market will take place on Broad Street from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for all of your holiday shopping needs. Other activities include Letters to Santa and Hot Cocoa, Build an Ornament with Mrs. Claus, Photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, Reindeer Game Lane, Polar Express Train, Sleigh Rides, Live Nativity, Sounds of the Season on Main, Holly Jolly Food Lane, Princess Party and more. Each activity has its own location and times, but the event as a whole runs from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in Downtown Alexander City. Find more info for each event on the Main Street Facebook page!
3. If you’d rather stay away from the holiday bustle and spend some time on the water, Russell Marine is hosting the Winter Bash Clash fishing tournament this Saturday, Dec. 12 at Wind Creek State Park Marina. The unique format of this tournament allows anglers a chance to win multiple times. Entry fee is $120 and all proceeds benefit local charities.
4. Russell Crossroads will host a Wildlife Presentation at the Naturalist Cabin on Saturday, Dec. 19 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. This is free and open to all. Learn how the critters and animals in Russell Forest survive winter weather. Live animals will be on hand to demonstrate how they handle scarce food and freezing temperatures.
5. On Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, at 5:30 p.m., Lake Community Church is hosting a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at Copper’s Grill at Stillwaters.
Enjoy the holiday season here at Lake Martin! When ready to achieve your Lake Martin real estate goals, give us a call, the Haynie Team! We are here to answer your questions and begin your home-selling or home-buying process. The market is still hot, so don’t let the holidays stop you from working toward your real estate goals. Grab your dream lake home this holiday season!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty