Labor Day weekend is upon us here at Lake Martin. Time flies! As your Lake Martin real estate team, allow us to fill you in on events and activities taking place at and around the Lake Martin area. Make the most of your holiday weekend!
1. This is a great weekend to spend on Lake Martin, and a popular one! Plan to go boating, swimming, fishing, kayaking, or test your luck with water sports. Just remember to be courteous and patient with other boaters, share the waters!
2. Art “Off” the Lake takes place Sept. 1-7, and it takes place completely online this year. Browse and purchase unique artwork from featured artists from all over the country, spruce your home up for fall or for selling! A portion of the proceeds go directly to Children’s Harbor, to help support seriously ill children and families.
3. Strand Sessions continue this month. Tonight, Sept. 3, head to Strand Park for the last free live music event of this year. From 6 to 8:30 p.m., enjoy music from the Murray Brown Band. BYOB.
4. Friday on the Green will take place this Friday, Sept. 4, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at The Green at Russell Crossroads. Jonathan Bloom is the performer and will hit the stage around 6:30 p.m. Find a socially distanced circle to enjoy the music from. Entertainment goes until 8:30 p.m.
5. Copper’s Grill at Stillwaters has live music you can enjoy. Sept. 4, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., enjoy the Russell Craig Band. Sept. 5, from 7 to 10 p.m., enjoy the Parker Barrow Project.
6. Santucket Flea Market will take place Sept. 5 in Wetumpka from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Head over for some shopping and great food.
7. Nature Presentations are back at Russell Crossroads! On Sept. 4, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Naturalist Cabin, find out how animals from the bird, mammal, reptile, etc. groups are categorized based on features they have. This will take place again on Sept. 7, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free to attend!
8. Spend your Labor Day morning in the woods! Join a Guided Nature Tour at Willow Point Trailhead from 7 to 9 a.m. Enjoy a walk while identifying a variety of plant and animal life. Insect repellent and sunscreen will be provided, bring drinking water and wear comfortable shoes. There is a $10 fee for this program. Register in advance!
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend here at Lake Martin! Stay safe! When ready to achieve your Lake Martin real estate goals, give us a call, the Haynie Team. We are here to answer any questions you may have, and to guide you through the entire home-selling and/or home-buying process. We look forward to hearing from you!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty