Summer is already winding down, but there is still lots of time to enjoy Lake Martin events and activities during the month of August! As your Lake Martin real estate team, we are here to fill you in on what is taking place locally, so you can plan accordingly. As always, if you have Lake Martin real estate goals you’d like to accomplish before summer’s end, don’t hesitate to contact us!
1. Enjoy another Strand Session tonight, Aug. 6, at Strand Park! These free live music concerts take place on the first Thursday of the month. Tonight’s performer is Tony Brook. The outdoor concert runs from 6 to 8:30 p.m. and is BYOB.
2. The 30th Annual Alexander City Jazz Fest takes place this weekend, Aug. 7 and 8. Friday is at Strand Park from 5 to 10 p.m. Lineup includes the Benjamin Russell High School Jazz Band, Tragic City, and Sweet Lizzy Project. Saturday is at Lake Martin Amphitheater from 5 to 10 p.m. Lineup includes John Bull Band, Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics, and Heather Gillis Band. Free to attend!
3. Eclectic Trade Days takes place this Saturday, Aug. 8, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. This is a monthly event in Eclectic that takes place on the second Saturday of every month. Vendors set up in the Town Hall parking lot to sell crafts, jewelry, vintage items, baked goods and more.
4. Everything’s Art in the Park will take place Aug. 15 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Pennington Park in Dadeville. The event will feature original art, watercolor and acrylic art, crafts, jewelry and more, by local and regional artists! There will also be local food vendors and music, so feel free to bring your lawn chairs.
5. The Guided Nature Night Hike is back on Russell Forest trails on Aug. 18 from 7 to 9 p.m. Cost is $10. Bring a flashlight, drinking water and wear comfortable shoes. Insect repellent will be provided. Get some exercise and learn about nighttime plant and animal life! Advanced registration is required.
6. Friday on the Green continues at Russell Crossroads, with The Tone Deaf Hobos on Aug. 14, a rock/country quintet from the Lake Martin area, and Tina Marie on Aug. 21, a country singer who has performed in this area all her life. These are free to attend and take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Find a circle in the grass to watch the performance from, for social distancing.
Be sure to enjoy summer days on Lake Martin this month, with boating, swimming, fishing, water sports and whatever you love most about lake life! Go for a family camping trip, or enjoy s’mores around a backyard fire pit. Summer is a great season for outdoor fun at Lake Martin!
When ready to buy and/or sell in the Lake Martin real estate market, the Haynie Team is here to help. There is still time to accomplish your real estate goals this summer, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty