Spring continues at Lake Martin, and Memorial Day weekend is in just over a week, what most people consider the start to summer! Time flies! As your Lake Martin real estate team, we’ve put together a list of upcoming events and activities for you to enjoy at Lake Martin and in the surrounding area. Get out your calendar and start planning!
1. Jam to some great music on Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, at RXR Music Fest! Running from 6 to 8:15 p.m. each night, RXR Music Fest will have something for everyone to enjoy on the Town Green and it’s all free. Lineup includes The Bank Walkers, Andrew Weaver, Tosha Hill and Locust Fork. You can hear clips of all of these headliners here!
2. Yoga on the Green is back! Head to the Town Green at Russell Crossroads on May 25 and every Saturday after, from 7 to 8 a.m. Bring your yoga mat and a water, and enjoy an hour of yoga out in the sunshine. All levels are welcome!
3. SpringHouse is hosting a Sunday Night Supper on May 26 from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Tickets cost $50 per person and $25 per child under age 12. This is a family-style dinner with only one seating time. Doors open for cocktails and mingling, then dinner is served. This event is limited to 80 guests, so purchase your tickets if interested!
4. The Alexander City Farmer’s Market is back soon for another season! Head to Broad Street on June 1 from 7 to 11 a.m., and every Saturday after until Sept. 28. Browse and shop for locally grown produce, plants, meats, baked goods and locally made crafts. Shop local!
5. If you’d like to get more into water sports this summer at Lake Martin, plan to attend the Wakeboard/Wake Surf Clinic at Kowaliga Marina on June 6! This will take place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will help you feel more safe and confident on the water while having a blast.
6. June 8 is National Marina Day, so Lake Martin is celebrating! Stop by the Marina for free hot dogs, chips and drinks for everyone in the family. You can also shop in the Pro Shop and receive 15 percent off your purchases that day. Make it a celebration!
7. During the spring and summer months, Catherine’s Market hosts wine tastings from 6 to 7 p.m. on Friday evenings. The tasting is only $5 and you’ll receive 15 percent off any wine purchases from that night’s selections. Explore new releases, varietals and winemakers while meeting other wine enthusiasts from the community!
This is just some of the fun happening at or near Lake Martin in the coming month, not to mention all the fun on Lake Martin itself! Enjoy boating, swimming, fishing and more at the lake this season. When ready to achieve your Lake Martin real estate market goals, contact us, the Haynie Team! We are always here and ready to help!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty