You can tell spring has arrived at Lake Martin! Everywhere you look, there is another event coming up in the area. As your Lake Martin real estate team, we are here to keep you informed on what is going on at and around Lake Martin. Whether you’re new to the area, you’re returning early for the summer months, or you’re just ready for activity after a winter at the lake, there is an event for you on this list!
1. April 21, head to Waverly for some great live music! Old 280 Spring Boogie No 18 is a multicultural music and arts festival with musical performances by Shinyribs, Revel in Dimes, Marshall Ruffin and many others. Gates open at 11 a.m. and show starts at noon.
2. The In-Water Boat Show will take place at The Ridge Marina on Lake Martin April 27-29. Check out the latest boat models and new gear, demo a stand-up paddleboard or Hobie Eclipse, enjoy island sounds from Atlanta Steel Pan on Saturday, and enjoy tasty BBQ on Saturday and Sunday.
3. Enjoy a Guided Nature Tour at Willow Point Trailhead on April 28 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. This will be the greenest hike yet this year! See how the woods have changed now that the weather is warmer, and learn about how Russell Forest thrives in the spring. Advance registration is required.
4. There is also a Nature Presentation by naturalist Marianne Hudson on April 28. Families can learn about all the animals that swim in the waters around Russell Forest. Then watch live animals give you a swimming demo! Sessions take place at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
5. Food lovers will unite at the 10th Annual BBQ Cookoff and Festival at the Lake Martin Event Center at the Rodeo Club on May 11-12, and at the Wild Game Cook-off at the Lake Martin Amphitheater on May 12 with the Alabama Wildlife Federation. You will find delicious food and great company at both events!
6. Want to float down Hatchet Creek? May 19-20 is your chance to do so in a group setting! Sign up for the two-day float in Coosa County that includes camping gear, shuttle transportation, supper and breakfast at campsite and t-shirt. Enjoy music and entertainment at the campsite as well.
This is enough to keep you busy for the next month! Of course, with spring comes more fishing and boating on Lake Martin. Do any maintenance that needs done on your boats now, so you can start enjoying the lake as soon as possible!
Spring is also a great season for achieving your Lake Martin real estate market goals! When ready to buy, sell or both this spring season, contact us, The Haynie Team! We are here and ready to help make all of your lake living dreams a reality.
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty