Are you gearing up for the holidays at Lake Martin? Thanksgiving will arrive in a couple weeks, and you know Christmas and New Year’s Eve will be here before you know it! As your Lake Martin real estate agent, I am here to share the calm before the chaos. Take some time out of your November to enjoy some of these events taking place in the area:
1. Equality Performing Arts Center hosts a Second Friday Open Mic Jam Session each month, which means this Friday is this month’s event! Nov. 13, from 7 to 9 p.m., enjoy watching performers in music, comedy, poetry, storytelling, etc. that are all family friendly, or get up and perform!
2. Eclectic Trade Days takes place this Saturday, Nov. 14, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Shop vendors, who are set up in the town hall parking lot, with treasures like jewelry, vintage items, baked goods, crafts and more. While visiting, check out the small shops around town, too.
3. Wind Creek Bass Trail Event #2 is taking place at Lake Martin this Sunday, Nov. 15! Registration begins at 4 a.m. in the store at Wind Creek State Park Boat Ramp. Cost is $110 per boat, plus $10 big fish pot and $10 average Joe pot. First place based on 60 boats entered is $2,250. Happy fishing!
4. Tales of Dadeville will take place Thursday, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m.! This is hosted by Zazu’s Verandah in downtown Dadeville and will feature community members sharing memories of events, or their historical knowledge, of day’s gone by. A food truck will arrive at 6 p.m., storytelling begins at 6:30 p.m. Zazu’s Verandah will be selling beverages. Admission is free!
5. The Denim & Diamonds Charity Ball will take place at The Rodeo Club in Dadeville on Nov. 20 from 6 to 8 p.m. This is hosted by the Lake Martin Dadeville Area Chamber and Lake Martin Area United Way! Tickets to this event include dinner, dancing and live and silent auctions.
6. The annual Holiday Bazaar and Christmas at Crossroads will take place Nov. 27! The Holiday Bazaar will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the Town Green at Russell Crossroads. Artisans will display their goods for sale, such as jewelry, soaps, paintings, woodwork, furniture and more. Santa will arrive by carriage at 10 a.m. and will stick around until around 2 p.m., so make sure the kids have their lists ready! There will also be tons of arts, crafts and games for kids to enjoy.
Have fun and stay safe this November at and around Lake Martin! When ready to achieve your Lake Martin real estate goals, give us a call, the Haynie Team! The market is still hot and expected to stay that way into winter, thanks to low mortgage rates and high buyer demand. If you want to buy, sell or both this year, there is still time! Contact us, we’re here to help!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty