The changing of the seasons is a great excuse to swap out some of your Lake Martin summer décor with fall favorites! If you’re looking for some suggestions, as your Lake Martin real estate team, we’re here to offer you some great, current ideas we found.
First, here’s what’s trending for outdoor space at your Lake Martin home:
1. Swap out white patio furniture for dark wood Adirondack chairs! Place them around your fire pit or in your yard, facing a perfect lake view.
2. Add some cozy features to your outdoor space, such as a couple colorful throws, to snuggle up with on a chilly evening. Place a weatherproof carpet on your deck or patio for warmer feet.
3. If you don’t feel like changing out your furnishings for every season, consider a dark wicker, which looks great in both summer and fall.
4. The days are getting shorter. Hang a few rustic lanterns from the ceiling above a covered porch, or place a few on your patio tables. Otherwise, strands of bistro lights work great for lighting your space any time of year.
5. Add an outdoor fireplace! If a fire pit doesn’t cover it, there are numerous freestanding fireplaces you could look into adding to your outdoor space.
6. One of the subtlest changes you can make is to add fall colored accents to your space, such as orange pillows or pale yellow furniture cushions.
7. Spruce up your lakeside dock for fall. If you’re not jumping in the water, you can still go down and enjoy time by the water. Set up a few reclining chairs, lanterns and a sun umbrella, and enjoy the serenity.
For more ideas for your outdoor space, check out this House Beautiful article. Inside your Lake Martin home, here are a few trends this year in fall décor:
1. Hang a fall wreath on your front door. Whether it’s brightly colored fall leaves, rustic twigs and pine cones, or earthy green moss, there are lots of ways to display fall in a wreath!
2. Create a fall centerpiece. On your kitchen or dining room table, create a fall centerpiece with small pumpkins and gourds, mums, a bowl of apples, etc. Get creative!
3. Just like outside, add some comfy throw blankets to your couches and thicker rugs to your hardwood flooring. Swap out light window curtains with thicker materials.
4. Stack the fireplace with firewood and get your chimney cleaned and ready for fall and winter evenings. This way you can start a fire in the fireplace at a moment’s notice!
Check out this Southern Living article for awesome fall craft ideas, like table settings, place cards, decoupage pumpkins, pinecones and acorn moss balls, birch stick vases and more.
Have fun turning your Lake Martin home into a peaceful, cozy fall haven! When ready to accomplish your Lake Martin real estate market goals this fall, contact us, the Haynie Team. We are here to answer any questions you may have, and to guide you through the home-selling and/or home-buying process!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty