We are now in the heart of spring at Lake Martin! Lake activity is increasing as the weather warms up, but the crowds of summer have yet to arrive. This is a great time of year for locals to enjoy fishing and boating on the lake!
It’s also a great time of year to accomplish your Lake Martin real estate market goals. If you’d like to be settled into your new home by summer, so you can enjoy all the fun that summer brings with it, now is the time to sell, buy or both. Our Lake Martin real estate team is here to help make that happen! Give us a call anytime and we’ll help you begin the home-selling and/or home-buying process.
If looking for fun, local spring events, here’s a list of upcoming activities:
1. Get in the spirit of Easter this weekend with a Naturalist Presentation on Chicks and Bunnies. This will take place at the Naturalist Cabin on April 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and on April 21 at SpringHouse. It’s free to attend! Bring your camera and catch the interaction your children will have with these animals as they learn more about them and how they symbolize Easter and spring.
2. The Ridge Marina in Alexander City will host the largest In-Water Boat Show in the Southeast April 26-28! This is a great event for boating enthusiasts at Lake Martin! Demo 2019 boat models, ride a Sea-Doo through an event course, try a Hobie Eclipse, shop for new boating gear and accessories, enjoy live music and so much more. This is fun for the whole family! Register for a chance to win prices.
3. The Stables will host Derby Day on May 4 from 4 to 6 p.m.! Ladies, wear your big hats! Everyone can enjoy food and drink, including Mint Juleps, and watch the Run for the Roses while mingling with others from the area. This event is free, but it’s a fundraiser for the Children’s Harbor on Lake Martin, so bring a donation and bet on your favorite horse! Prizes will be given for Best Hats, Wildest Hat, Most Dapper Guy and more.
4. Hatchet Creek Festival will take place May 4-5 this year. This is a beautiful two-day float down Hatchet Creek in Coosa County. If there’s any way to celebrate spring, this is it! Registration includes transportation to and from, camping gear shuttled to the campsite, supper and breakfast at the campsite, and a T-shirt. This is for anyone ages 12 and up.
5. Purchase a ticket and head to Heaven Hill on May 11 for Stars From Heaven with the guys from Columbus State University. There will be big telescopes and a lot of information about stars! Enjoy the presentation while also savoring a delicious meal and beverages.
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty