Summer is here! Summer at Lake Martin means a season of boating, swimming, water sports, kayaking, sun tanning, barbecues, bonfires, s’mores and so on! It also means a slew of local events and activities. As always, our Lake Martin real estate team is here to fill you in on the most exciting upcoming events to know about! Mark your calendar and enjoy the exciting month ahead!
1. The Alexander City Jazz Festival is this weekend, June 14 and 15! Friday night performances take place in Stand Park downtown Alexander City, with The Bank Walkers, Sam Burchfield & The Scoundrels, and Willie Sugarcapps. Saturday night performances take place at The Amp, with Nikki & the Phantom Callers, Empire Strikes Brass, and Honey Island Swamp Band. This is the 29th anniversary of this fun tradition!
2. Lake Martin is hosting the 2019 Nautique Southeast Regatta June 28 through June 30. This is an exclusive experience to Nautique boat owners, but it’s free to all who attend! Participate in private demos/clinics, a Poker Run, a kids waterski, wakeboard and wakesurf contest, a golf tournament, themed ceremonies and more.
3. Start your Independence Day celebration early with a 4th of July Boat Parade! At Kowaliga Beach on July 4, from 10 to 11 a.m., boats decorated for the festive day will parade from Kowaliga Marina to Children’s Harbor. Judges vote on best decorated and awards are given in different categories. Decorate your boat and participate, or just stand by and admire all of the patriotic colors that breeze by!
4. Southeast’s largest 4th of July Fireworks show once again takes place at The Amp on Lake Martin! Claim your spot on the grassy lawn before 6:45 p.m. on July 4, when The Bank Walkers take stage! Around 7:30 p.m. is a Hula Hoop Contest and the Twist Contest. At 8 p.m., Tyn Tymes performs and continues performing until 10:30 p.m. after the fireworks. The fireworks start around 9 p.m.! Don’t miss the excellent celebration of America at Lake Martin!
5. Arti Gras takes place at Russell Crossroads on July 5 and 6. Head to the Town Green both days between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Browse this vast annual display of handmade goods, from jewelry, soaps, paintings, pottery and woodwork, to lotions, furniture and so much more. You may find some beautiful, unique purchases for your Lake Martin home!
6. Strand Sessions, live music in Strand Park, take place on the first Thursday of each month, now through August. Because of the holiday, July’s Strand Session is on July 11 from 6 to 9 p.m. Head to Strand Park and enjoy live music from around the area. This event is free and family-friendly. Bring blankets or chairs, and outside food and beverages are allowed.
As you can see, we’ve got quite the month coming up! In all the excitement, if you’d like to buy and/or sell in the Lake Martin real estate market, don’t delay! Summer flies by, so the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll accomplish your real estate goals. Contact us, the Haynie Team! We’re here to help!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty