If you had a Lake Martin home on your wish list this holiday season, it’s not too late to make that happen! Give us a call, the Haynie Team, as soon as you’re ready to accomplish your home-buying goals in the Lake Martin real estate market. The sooner you buy, the sooner you can hunker down inside a cozy lake home, with great views and small town vibes. Come spring and summer, you’ll be ready to enjoy all your favorite lake activities!
To help make your home-buying process as successful and smooth as possible, here are some tips to get you started:
1. Work with a trusted real estate agent. In a competitive market with lower-than-average inventory, it’s vital to work with experienced real estate agents in this market. A trusted agent can ensure that you see all of the listings that fit your criteria, and they will help you make a stellar offer on the home of your dreams, to give you the highest chance of having your offer accepted. In a seller’s market, you need someone on your side, and that is exactly what a trusted real estate agent will be!
2. Make important decisions ahead of time. Before beginning your home search, determine your price point, and make a must-haves list for the home. By determining your budget, you won’t shop outside your means and waste your time, or regret your purchase down the road. By making a must-haves list, you can save time and energy by only viewing the houses that meet your criteria. This way, we can get you in to see a home fast, and you can make an offer immediately if you love the home.
3. Get preapproved. If you are applying for a mortgage loan, the time to get preapproved for a loan is ahead of your home search. This will help you narrow down your budget, and this will make sellers take you more seriously. In turn, this will make your offer even stronger and more likely to be accepted.
4. Do your research on the area. You have to consider the location of the home too, rather than just the home itself. Do some research on the local communities and neighborhoods that surround Lake Martin. Do research on the lake itself, and the different regions of the lake. As your Lake Martin real estate team, we can help answer any questions you have about the local area!
5. Make a solid offer. In this competitive market, you need to make a strong, solid offer the first time, especially if it’s a hot house on the market. Some ways you can do this: Make a cash offer, or be preapproved ahead of time for a loan. Add an escalation clause, where you will pay a certain amount higher than the highest bidder, with a maximum set in place. Be flexible with contingencies and timelines. Write a letter to the seller on why you love their home.
When ready to begin the home-buying process, give us a call, the Haynie Team! We are here to answer any questions you may have and to guide you through the process in the Lake Martin real estate market. We can’t wait to hear from you! Happy Holidays!
Becky Haynie, Associate Broker / Realtor
Lake Martin Realty